Oldest fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
What's the oldest fish you've ever kept?

I have a molly about 4 years old (based on growth when I bought her to the 3 years I had her) and she's still kicking :D

^^; kinda sad when I think about it LOL

lol, i had a 5 year old betta, names Oatis, he died a while back.

I've had two of my pond fish for almost 4 years

I have a female feeder guppy that i ahve had for 2 years...

I havn't been into serious fishkeeping for that long... only about 3-4 years, i never researched fish before that, and they died because of uncycled tank(i think) :(

When i nwas little i had a 4 year old angelfish in a 5gal tank, poor thing.

A long time ago, I had a fancy goldfish surivive 2 tank upgrades (2.5 gal --> 10 gal --> 18 gal) in three years, so he was at least 3! His name was Beauvais. :)

I currently have a female pearl gouramie that is around 5 years old. She's the one in my avatar. I've also had a betta that lived to be about 5.

I have 4 Hengeli Rasboras that I have had for over 3 years. Then my fire eel is almost 2 years old. My Cherry Barbs are 1.5 years old.

Had a couple of angels that made 10+, some Corys that managed about 14, and currently have some bichirs that are all in the 10-14 range.

Many tropical fish (usually the larger predators and catfish) can manage 15-40 years, and some coldwater fish, such as koi, can live beyond a century.

I still have a few alive from when I started my first community tank, It will be 7 years next month.

2 Panda Cory
2 Scissortail Rosbara
1 harliquan Rosbara
1 Pleco

My friend has kept a pair of goldfish that his little brother won at a carnival for a long time. They're in a tank without a filter I think. That's just ridiculous. That was back when I was in high school, ten years ago.

I have a 9 yr old pleco, still going strong.
My 5 yr old betta just died earlier this month.

theotheragentm said:
My friend has kept a pair of goldfish that his little brother won at a carnival for a long time. They're in a tank without a filter I think. That's just ridiculous. That was back when I was in high school, ten years ago.

When I was younger I had a goldfish that I won at a fair and I didn't know anything about fish (like when I was 9ish) and I like never cleaned the tank as much as i should have and had no filter and I kept that fish for almost two years and it died because it got fin rot and I didn't know what that was. ^^; I feel really bad for the thing looking back on it. X.x dont' kill me I was only 9 and stupid! o-o

Don't worry Puriti, I've had a lot of friends w/ carnival Goldfish. Same case, as in, a bowl, no filtration, seldom water changes. Allie had hers go for something like 2 years, Kurt had his go for I think 5 years. Crazy stuff, them carnival goldfish.
Kurt's into fish now though, he knows how to take care of his fish, haha.

Back
Top Bottom