One eyed angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dandries

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently adopted an one-eyed angelfish from my LFS. It appears that he was born without and not because there's no injury. He had been in this store for a month and is perfectly healthy other than missing an eye. He eats, gets around, etc. I have him and a smaller sibling in a 29 gallon tank with some dwarf crayfish. (For now. The crayfish may be moving to another tank.)

I attached a picture of the eye that is missing. The odd thing is it looks like the eye is undeveloped because something is there.

He swims sideways most of the time in order to look around. But he seems happy.

I have never had angelfish before, or a one-eyed fish, so I would like some advice.

I'm telling everybody he's a pirate fish and having 1 eye is normal. In fact, I named him Jack Sparrow.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1404438942764.jpg
    1404438942764.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 121
All I can say is that's weird and angels are relatively easy to care for feed them and make sure water conditions are proper I've had them for a few years now. Don't know what today about the missing eye though

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Angel fish are usually really good fish with a good personality. I have 2 angels , 1 doesn't seem to have any vision in it's left eye , it also like yours will swim sideways or completely vertical. He usually turns his head to see me.
Keep up with water changes and I am sure the one eye your Angel has will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom