One week cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so it wont start cycling until that stuff is removed?

what if i remove it from one filter at a time?

well it will cycle if theres so much in the tank that it cant handle the load or it gets old. and id try to get some seeded gravel or sand from some one with some nitrates on it which all will have it then remove one and put some normal charcoal in there wait a week take out the other put normal charcoal and wait until you start showing nitrates

well it will cycle if theres so much in the tank that it cant handle the load or it gets old. and id try to get some seeded gravel or sand from some one with some nitrates on it which all will have it then remove one and put some normal charcoal in there wait a week take out the other put normal charcoal and wait until you start showing nitrates

the full gravel bottom, and driftwood came out of a tank thats been running over a year. i put it in a bucket full of water and then transferred it to this tank

as long as the water did not have chlorine or chloramine you will still have good bacteria.

you may have gotten lucky. or at least your fish did. Keep up the testing and WCs is about all you can do.

Okay, after reading the thread, I think you may be missing a bottle of ammonia tester? I'm not sure what chemical it uses, but I think usually the ammonia test comes with two bottles, one thick and the other water-like, but then again I personally have only tried API.

Perchance does the bottle say something like bottle #1 or something on it? I would assume that all testing kits use the same chemicals, but maybe someone else can chip in on that.

From the video, those looked like fake plants in the back, so if you add a couple live plants, it should take away some of the blow if your tank is really in a stalled cycle from the ammo-carb

What test kit do you have? API has two ammonia, two nitrAtes and one nitrite. It says on the bottle how many drops of each

don't go by the test strips, they are really inaccurate. stick with the liquid

so what can i do to make sure my 30 gallon cycles before i get my puffers?

add pure ammonia everyday? for how long?

Cycling A Freshwater Aquarium - Paw Talk - Pet Forums

what puffers are you planning on getting? Most are very aggressive and will fight to the death eventually.

I used the above link and my 10 gallon cycled in 4 weeks flat. API freshwater liquid test kit is my fave and most others on here will probably recommend it to you also.

There are also tons of articles on this forum

Back
Top Bottom