One wierd fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petitemonk

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a fish in my tank atm that swims all mesed up... like he cant swim in a strait line. He like swims upside down and cant turn awound, the currant can push him with no problem, he just looks weak. Sometimes he will just sut at the bottom right side up... i guess to keep from falling over or something. he also looks pale from my other fish. I have no idea why he does this, also some of his scales have fallen off. I can probly get a video of it in a couple of days if you need to see it in action.

It sounds like you have a very sick fish. You could try quarantining him and treating him with antibiotics. It could be a swimbladder infection causing him to swim strangely.

petitemonk said:
He like swims upside down and cant turn awound, the currant can push him with no problem, he just looks weak.
.[/quote]
sounds like a bladder infection. might want to medicate or qt then medicate.

Answer these Qs to ensure we have as much information as possible about your ailing fish and its environment:

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the beset of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are there current sizes?
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

1. The fish is a rosey barb. I dont see any groth but it has a deformed body.. I can see like 3 CM Diameter Bumps like 2 of them twards the tail end of the fish.

2. Ammonia 0 pH 7.6 Nitrate 10 Nitrite 0-2

3. Its a 30 Gal. Umm... ive had it 12 weeks.

4. Marineland Millenium 2000

5. 3 Rosey barbs. about 3 inches, including tail. 2 Green mini tiger barbs and 2 tiger barbs. these 4 are all about half an inch long.

6. I chenged the water and vaccume the gravel every saturday or sunday. I take out 9 gallons on avg. sometimes a litle less and sometimes a little more.

7. Ive had the 3 rose barbs for my cylce from Aug-2-2004, gotem from the fish store.

I havent added anything new really. I bough a new declorinating bottle but its the same exact stuff i had been using.

Back
Top Bottom