Ongoing 36g Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes to tinkering with the BPS ? The first regulator arrived in the mail. Opened the box and what do I see? A cracked working pressure gauge.
?
This one was from UP Aqua. Sending it back for a refund. Didn't even bother hooking it up to the tank. The metal was warped pretty horribly and I was afraid any pressure would cause an issue.
The GLA Pro should be here by the end of this week or beginning of next. My bps tinkering will have to wait until then...

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

That stinks about the UP Aqua. Maybe it's a sign. I believe the GLAs are the Cadillac of regulators. Or so I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That stinks about the UP Aqua. Maybe it's a sign. I believe the GLAs are the Cadillac of regulators. Or so I've heard.

They have a 6-year warranty; that makes me feel a bit better about the price tag!
Considering these first two regulators have been disqualified, let us hope the GLA lives up to the hype...

? Diana Lee ?

Did you have any issues with your Aquatek on getting a steady bubble count? It seems like if I want to go over 3 bps the bubbles just start like shooting out and become increasingly faster until the water in the bubble counter is spraying out. Not sure if it's a common thing or if I'm just lacking the finesse of delicately turning the valve.

Let us know how the GLA is

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would have to agree that the AQUATEK fine adjustment knob is touchy. Once it is set, I did not worry about it for months. But getting it to the right spot can be a challenge. Also, there have been sporadic fluctuations during its use.

Well luckily right after that post I went home and decided to mess with it a little and was able to control the bps and finally got my drop checker to go green for the first time.

Got all my little bits and bobble accessories for the GLA Pro waiting for me at the post office. Going tomorrow to pick it up. The regulator will be another week.
After that, have to meet with a realtor to list one home and another realtor to buy another...Moving is going to suuuuuck ?
Getting close to running out of Seachem macros and micros, so I'll also be mixing up GLA fert solutions this week in my free time. Got some awesome amber glass medical bottles to hold the solutions and picked up distilled water, too.

? Diana Lee ?

Ooooo gla huh?? Fancy!! I guess I lucked out with the aquatek, after making some slight mods and twerking it every few days I've got it steadily feeding 2 tanks at 5+ bps.. it looks pretty wild in the bubble counters but hey... tanks look awesome D! Once you hit that balance everything should fall into place. Stars.... they're a cruel mistress ime, i had them blow up/melt/recover/melt/tease me /melt.. now they're doing awesome. I never really bothered them, people said leave them and they'll recover. They grow serious root systems. Seem like the roots starve the leaves while they establish if that makes sense?? I did supplement the patch with some of fresh's stars a few moths back which seemed to really help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ooooo gla huh?? Fancy!! I guess I lucked out with the aquatek, after making some slight mods and twerking it every few days I've got it steadily feeding 2 tanks at 5+ bps.. it looks pretty wild in the bubble counters but hey... tanks look awesome D! Once you hit that balance everything should fall into place. Stars.... they're a cruel mistress ime, i had them blow up/melt/recover/melt/tease me /melt.. now they're doing awesome. I never really bothered them, people said leave them and they'll recover. They grow serious root systems. Seem like the roots starve the leaves while they establish if that makes sense?? I did supplement the patch with some of fresh's stars a few moths back which seemed to really help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you for the compliment! And good to know I'm not the only one who can't figure out the s repens.
Got a few gear pictures from my order with GLA!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426095585.179055.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426095667.639511.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426095693.774201.jpg
Order includes: (2) 70ml CO2 atomizers with check valve; (1) external bubble counter with check valve; (1) pearl drop checker; (1) set indicator and reference solutions; (1) brass permaseal; (6) nylon seals; (10) feet of black CO2 tubing.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426095880.666853.jpg
The new DC under mood lighting!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426095922.956851.jpg
New, secondary BC/CV. Planning to set up another tank eventually, so this will come in handy.

? Diana Lee ?

Hey I have that drop checker and bubble counter!

I love the drop checker but I'm currently trying to find something I can use to paint the far side white. It is quite difficult to differentiate between the colors with my black background and plants flowing in the back. I don't really want to go buy a can of Krylon Fusion spraypaint just to paint a little section though, also don't want to tape off the whole thing to make sure it's a nice clean paint job.

Tank looks like it is coming along nicely. Thanks for the info on the CO2 regulators (not that I plan on heading that direction anytime soon, but good to have the info filed away). I do like your background and how the branch blends in - nice job on that.

Hey I have that drop checker and bubble counter!

I love the drop checker but I'm currently trying to find something I can use to paint the far side white. It is quite difficult to differentiate between the colors with my black background and plants flowing in the back. I don't really want to go buy a can of Krylon Fusion spraypaint just to paint a little section though, also don't want to tape off the whole thing to make sure it's a nice clean paint job.

Hmm, what about a white suction cup with the holder part cut off? -Would be perfectly round and removable for cleaning. Just the first random thought in my brain...
I shall continue to brainstorm on this...

? Diana Lee ?

Tank looks like it is coming along nicely. Thanks for the info on the CO2 regulators (not that I plan on heading that direction anytime soon, but good to have the info filed away). I do like your background and how the branch blends in - nice job on that.

Thank you! And although I'm bummed out about the Aquatek and UP Aqua regulators, at least it's a learning experience!

? Diana Lee ?

Hmm, what about a white suction cup with the holder part cut off? -Would be perfectly round and removable for cleaning. Just the first random thought in my brain...
I shall continue to brainstorm on this...

? Diana Lee ?

Luckily I have a million random suction cups from various aquarium equipment, may try that out tomorrow and see if I can get one that will stick. I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow to pick up stuff to build an inline reactor so may browse by the paints anyways just to be safe.

Mixed up my DIY fert solutions. Tweaked the macros a bit since my phosphate levels are consistently around 3ppm without adding anything. So, to make sure algae doesn't take over, aiming to keep the Nitrogen and Potassium at 20-30ppm or so. Using CSM+B for my micros.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426179070.045129.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426179098.162295.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426179119.948414.jpg
Dosing 25ml each of N, K, and 25ml CSM+B on alternating days for EI, with a rest and PWC on day 7. Adding M and P when necessary. Going with 10ml Glut every day, too.

? Diana Lee ?

You're like a fertilizer kingpin. It feels like there should be a pistol and a fat stack of cash sprawled out on the table.

Back
Top Bottom