Ongoing 36g Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few days of CO2, a PWC and a quick glass scrub, and things are growing again!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426877907.502200.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426877933.671921.jpg
I've trimmed the Limno a few times and replanted the tops. They seem to be doing the best out of everything. My Blyxa is growing little baby Blyxas and I'll probably be separating and moving them a bit in the near future.
My Star repens is completely melted ?
However, the teeny patch of DHG near the left front of the tank is starting to sprout a few new shoots!! ?

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

I'm digging the Blyxa spread out like that. I got some for free and have kept it all bundled up in fear of it not looking great spread out. Looks like I'm going to have to change that up.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm digging the Blyxa spread out like that. I got some for free and have kept it all bundled up in fear of it not looking great spread out. Looks like I'm going to have to change that up.

It will consume everything if given the chance..it has the ability to spread above the substrate and worry about rooting later.. very dangerous in a high tech tank...
Ps- came off rather ominous.. not very Friday of me.. cheers!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It will consume everything if given the chance..it has the ability to spread above the substrate and worry about rooting later.. very dangerous in a high tech tank...
Ps- came off rather ominous.. not very Friday of me.. cheers!!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol, no worries. I have noticed that it literally picks up roots and grows new clusters. I just pull them apart and replant. All of the fauna love them!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426896633.153026.jpg

? Diana Lee ?

If you want a plant that spreads aggressively, look for Broadleaf Chain sword (Echinodorus quadricostatus). Under low light it is barely alive but with medium light + CO2 it will explode. Here is a pic of it from my tank back in 2013:
bQhDKfF.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Since the CO2 has been steady, the limno has really taken off!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427158747.073488.jpg
I placed a few osmocote tabs that were a RAOK from fellow AA member under the DHG, the AR Mini, the rotala and the bacopa. They have all shown measurable growth in the week since then - except for the AR Mini. It's stagnant. Not melting, but just stagnant. Waiting patiently for more progress...

? Diana Lee ?

I just realized I totally planted mine upside down. the other two are floating

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just realized I totally planted mine upside down. the other two are floating

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahahaha I hate that! I'll get a bunch of stems in and sit there for twenty minutes flipping them around trying to figure out which way they go in.

Back
Top Bottom