online fish stores.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pantherspawn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've seen a few online fish stores for purchasing live fish stock, but don't know which ones to trust. I've heard good things about live aquaria, but again would like more feedback from repeated users. I'm trying to get ahold of some figure 8 puffers and bumblebee goby but none if my lfs have them in stock and have no timetable as to when they ever will.

pantherspawn said:
I've seen a few online fish stores for purchasing live fish stock, but don't know which ones to trust. I've heard good things about live aquaria, but again would like more feedback from repeated users. I'm trying to get ahold of some figure 8 puffers and bumblebee goby but none if my lfs have them in stock and have no timetable as to when they ever will.

I bought fish from Severum Mama or HN1, they are members here, you can send them a PM.
Their fish always arrived on time and healthy!,

From all I've heard though, figure 8s are almost impossible to breed and most stock is wild caught..

From all I've heard though, figure 8s are almost impossible to breed and most stock is wild caught..

They can probably get them, but I don't know, you'd have to ask.

I don't know of their exact methods but most online retailers and lfs rely on either importing or going through a large supplier like segrest, or picking up stock from shows/clubs/home breeders etc.

The benefit to going through someone like HN1/sev mama is it's possibly cheaper and you actually know/speak to the people that you are dealing with.

Liveaquaria seems to be a good large outfit but their prices aren't that great and they charge a ton for shipping, so I never use them.

HUKIT said:
I've ordered from Liveaquaria a few times with great success and out of 35 fish there were zero casualties. I wouldn't hesitate for a instant.

Tropical Fish for Brackish Aquariums: Figure 8 Puffer

Yeah I've seen that one.. also seems to be the only place that has them in stock.. or so the site says they're not out of stock.. looks like that's my only choice. Do you know if they ship them as fresh or brackish? Need to know if I need to switch the tank to brackish before I order or slowly after I get him.

I ship the majority of my fish overnight as due they, so the shipping is reasonable for $30. Plus they have a no questions ask 14 day guarantee. If you call the operaters are very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the salinity, but they are listed in the brackish section of the site.

Last edited:
HUKIT said:
I ship the majority of my fish overnight as due they, so the shipping is reasonable for $30. Plus they have a no questions ask 14 day guarantee. If you call the operaters are very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the salinity.

Only down side to them is that you have to have a minimum purchase. Would have to order for a few different tanks all at the same time.. which means I would need a larger qt tank setup, and hope that all the fish i order can Co mingle for a month.. or more tanks.. ugh..

Only down side to them is that you have to have a minimum purchase. Would have to order for a few different tanks all at the same time.. which means I would need a larger qt tank setup, and hope that all the fish i order can Co mingle for a month.. or more tanks.. ugh..

The three times I ordered averaged 10 fish which for some of the fish I purchased came out to less than a LFS. The downside to ordering online is you don't see the fish of course but I've never been disappointed yet. To be honest I have not bought a fish locally for a few years and everything has been online. Some of my rarer cichlids like Festae and Trimacs are unheard of around here at shops so online site like Aquabid were my only choices.

Back
Top Bottom