Online Fish Vendors-Rainbows, 50 G tank set up help too...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayhawk91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
After moving to CO, I'm trying to get my tanks back up and running. It was a monumental effort to get the 38G Planted to the point I had it at(at our old house) as well as the 50G African Mbuna tank...I gave the 38G tank to my neighbors, the 50G I kept. In my old 38G, I had a variety of Rainbows in addition to a variety of other community types. They really grew on me, so I would love to set up this 50G for a primarily Rainbows tanks.

Does anyone know a good online place to get them? (Or a place that has a great overall selection)

Any recommendations on tanks mates for these guys?

Thanks in advance 8)

I'd check locally first. SHipping on livestock can be a pain.

Rainbows are pretty calm fish, and can be kept with most everything. I have 3 Boesemanis that I just love

my favourites in the rainbow family are blue-eyes (Pseudomugil family). i don't know if you can get them easily outside of australia, but if you can, they're such awesome little (less than 2") fish. there's lots of different types.

I would also check locally, but I've seen many ads from a vendor called "livefishatLAX" or soemthing like that on Aquabid. He sells a lot of rainbows and has gotten good reviews. but as mentioned before, shipping is expensive.

I got lucky and found some really nice turquoise rainbows at the LFS. I love them, they are gorgeous fish and get along with everything.

As others said, try to see if there is a local club. In my opinion, this is by far the best way to go. If you cannot find any clubs through the web, you might try asking the LFSs.

PS. I believe the aquabid seller is "rarefishatlax." I had considered buying some millenium rainbows from him, but saved $45 on shipping by buying some from a guy at the local club.

How do I find local clubs? The problem here and back where I was in IL was the poor LFS and then the giants (Petco) who don't carry the really unique varieties. I bought my Rainbows from a LFS back in IL and his prices were high too. ($25 for 1 Bosmani)

Thanks for the feedback, I recall seeing a guy on Aquabid selling Rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom