Opinion of heater with no dial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Walmart is the only place around for miles and the only heaters they have are ones without dials. They say they stay at 78 degrees +/- 1degree. Does anyone have experience with this type of heater? Its for a 55 gallon. Is it worth it? Should I wait and get one with more control?

you might want to hold out for one with more control. I started with a preset heater and then promptly had to go get a different one (one with temp control) to help fight off Ich. It'd be worth it to get a better one off the bat instead of having to buy multiple units if the need arises. Just my opinion though :)

Walmart is the only place around for miles and the only heaters they have are ones without dials. They say they stay at 78 degrees +/- 1degree. Does anyone have experience with this type of heater? Its for a 55 gallon. Is it worth it? Should I wait and get one with more control?

They're OK as long as your fish are healthy, but I'd say no ... because if the time should ever come where you have to treat ich for example .... your going to want a 90F capable heater. IMO:D

Y'all are right. I went to the Walmart website and got an awesome digital readout aquatop 300 watt heater for 35 bucks. I went with free site to store so no extra for shipping. The only downside is I have wait ten days for it to get there. Thanks for everyone's input. I'm getting something exponentially better for the same price as what I was going to buy.

Glad you found what you want. :) I went with the cheap pre-set walmart heater for my betta tank, and am already planning on replacing it. It varies too much for my liking.

I have 3 of the preset heaters for my qt tanks but i also have a adjustable one on standby in case i need to treat for illness. The presets are kinda nice in that regards, they're just plug and play.

Back
Top Bottom