opinions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Njellis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 120 litre tank that currently contains two cherry barbs, two green tiger barbs, two tinfoil barbs, 2 plattys, 3 loaches and a red tailed black shark. I originaly had many more fish (mainly more of the same and guppies plus a couple or raindbow fish). However, I came down one morning to find that the tinfoils had eaten a lot of the little fish! I know my tank is two small for them now so have since purchased a 300 litre tank.
I was wondering if anyone had ideas on fish that would be good to go with tinfoils or nice calm fish that I can now have in my stress free tank?

You still have far too many big fish for a 32g tank. The tinfoil barbs should be rehomed very soon. A big tinfoil barb will get 9"-10" long and they're active fish. They really need a bigger tank. The tiger barbs and the RTS are even marginal in this tank. What kind of loaches do you have?

Here's what I'd do:

- Rehome the tinfoil and tiger barbs.
- If you've got clown loaches, rehome them also.
- Add 3-4 more cherry barbs.
- Look into pentazona (5-band) barbs. They look like little tiger barbs with an extra stripe.

Back
Top Bottom