Oranda and Ryukin Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonsaljj4244

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Would an Oranda and Ryukin goldfish be okay in a 20 gallon tank together for about a year when they are both around 5 to 6 months old currently until I upgrade to a larger tank?

Im not entirely sure about your fish, but 20 gallons should be plenty big for two fish.:fish1:

Would an Oranda and Ryukin goldfish be okay in a 20 gallon tank together for about a year when they are both around 5 to 6 months old currently until I upgrade to a larger tank?

Are these fish you already own or are planning to get? The problem with buying fish that don’t fit your current tank is that many people plan on upgrading down the line when needed but something comes up that makes that difficult. Personally I think it’s better not to put fish in tanks that cannot support them as adults.

That said ... Probably, but goldfish get huge fast in good conditions and are extremely messy. I’d keep a close eye on your nitrates as they get bigger.

Thank you, and I currently have the Ryukin and was planning on getting the Oranda, I do know for sure I will upgrade though, I'm currently in college so I just don't have the funds and the space.

Back
Top Bottom