Oranda with finrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PzIkHo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had another thread on here about my Oranda goldfish who was constipated. Well when I learned about feeding him peas, I didn't know you couldn't feed him canned peas, which was what I was feeding him; canned sweet peas. I've since gone and bought some raw sugar snap peas, which I have started feeding him.

I'm afraid I made things worse with my sweet peas, because he's showing signs of finrot. So I'm wondering what sort of treatments I should take for the finrot. My ammonia and nitrites are both at 0 ppm and my pH was a little low, at around 6.6. I've buffered it up to 6.8 and will buffer it to neutral tomorrow. I've also added 1/8 tsp of epsom salt, and was thinking about increasing the temp. Any suggestions?

Make sure you boil those peas before you feed them, you want them kind of mushy.

Fin rot is usually from dirty water, so try doing more water changes every week. If you usually do one, try doing 2 or 3. :)

Don't up the heat.

Back
Top Bottom