Oranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cbcrash

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm worried about my Goldie. He opens and closes his mouth fast. He is orange, with white patches on his wen, And on his tail. He could be turning white. I'm worried about him.

image-838213178.jpg

Any ideas?

ammonia is .25 like always, 0 nitrite, 5.0 nitrate. ammonia is always .25 when i test it. I use prime. I just saw and pulled brown worms from my orandas wen and face. I am treating the tank with coppersafe. I think my oranda is freaking out and tryin to shake the worms off him. Have you u used coppersafe with any luck?

What a cutie!

In a cycled tank, there will never be any ammonia, even if there is ammonia in your water supply, it would all be converted. What size in the tank?

My orange oranda opens and closes his mouth really fast. I'm worried. Any ideas?

Well we'll need some more information. How big is the tank that he is in?

When was the last water change, and how much was changed?

What are the water parameters?
Ammonia
Nitrites
Nitrates
pH

He's in a 75 gallon. Just did almost a 100 percent water change, wiped down, glass, the decor, and everything in the tank. Ammonia is always .25 everytime, nitrite 0, nitrate 5.0, ph is 7.4. He yawns alot, checked his gills. They are red with white lines in between. Not solid red.

Thank u. I've had him for years, named Goldie. No I'm not sure what kind of worms, I guess an orandas wen are prone to parasites, I am not cutting his wen.

On my test kit, ammonia is always .25. Guess I have to go back to my ro water or half and half. He is in a 75 gallon

In a cycled tank there should be zero ammonia, even if it is present in your tap water when you do a water change, it should be converted.

Well ammonia is never 0 on my test kit. I use prime to detoxify ammonia. His gills may say otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom