Orange fantasy Eel info/ 29g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishinfreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am considering trying to get permission to start a 29g, and in it i would like to have a type of spiny eel. So far, it sounds like the orange fantasys would be the best for a tank this size, but also possible are half banded zig zag eels. I would get two eels, since ive heard these smaller types like a friend. A few other fish i would like to include are african butterfly fish and german blue rams; maybe even an angelfish. The mane thing i want in this thread is if anyone knows anything about the fantasys, but also just ideas for stocking (filter will be a ac 50 i think)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep, ive heard they try to squeeze into every hole they find- even swimming around the filtet

From what i know, they are just a type of smaller spiny eels. If i remember correctly, bettaowner mentioned that he may eventually get one for a 10g in a thread of his about getting a spiny eel or something else cool

Ok well if they are like other spiny eels you are going to need to hand feed them most likely and keep them with peaceful species not big enough to eat them. Idk a lot of spiny eel species hate other spiny eels idk about fantasy though but if you said they need other eels I would look into a stock of

2- Fantasy Eel
1- Dwarf Gourami
10- Cardinal or lemon tetras

I see you seem to like exotic stuff that normal people don't have in their aquarium, A clay fish is pretty cool thing to have. I have him in my 29 gallon, and he is pretty active. Be careful if you go that route though. They will eat smaller fish!

Ok well if they are like other spiny eels you are going to need to hand feed them most likely and keep them with peaceful species not big enough to eat them. Idk a lot of spiny eel species hate other spiny eels idk about fantasy though but if you said they need other eels I would look into a stock of

2- Fantasy Eel
1- Dwarf Gourami
10- Cardinal or lemon tetras

I actually dont know how fantasys feel about two together, i just know half banded zig zags do. As for the other stocking, i would be good with skmething line that

Oh they could hate other eels like fires and tire tracks idk either. But if that's the case you could do

1- Eel
1- Dwarf Gourami
10-Cardinal or lemon tetras
5 or 6 Cory cats.

Back
Top Bottom