Orange mushroom detached

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brund

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tiny little orange mushroom that I bought a week attached to a 'frag rock stem thing'....I don't know what you call those....today it had detached and I found it a couple inches away upside down. Is it possible to reattach it? Is there a special kind of glue that is used? I don't want to just leave it because I had bought another unattached one a couple of weeks ago and it has just blown away and disappeared even though I had it in a little cove. The LFS said 'they just move around until they find a place they are happy' but I just don't know how it would detach itself and move? Thanks for any help!

Brund said:
I have a tiny little orange mushroom that I bought a week attached to a 'frag rock stem thing'....I don't know what you call those....today it had detached and I found it a couple inches away upside down. Is it possible to reattach it? Is there a special kind of glue that is used? I don't want to just leave it because I had bought another unattached one a couple of weeks ago and it has just blown away and disappeared even though I had it in a little cove. The LFS said 'they just move around until they find a place they are happy' but I just don't know how it would detach itself and move? Thanks for any help!

Just use a drop of super glue gel on the bottom of the mushroom and re glue it back onto your " frag rock thing" .... It won't hurt a thing

Well your LFS is right. Mushrooms can detach from the LR when they don't like the flow or lighting they have. They'll float around until they find the combination of flow and light that they want. You could reattach it to the LR, but odds are it will just let go again.

you need to glue it or do the net method. While they may detach to find a new place naturally, a tank with powerheads and spinning blades are not exactly natural. I would have to assume that most mushrooms that detach in the ocean do not survive anyway due to being picked off by predators, placement, etc.

Thanks for the advice....I have glued it back on for now bc I think being so tiny it will otherwise disappear like my last one did. What is the net method? How do you hold the net down? With rock?

Brund said:
Thanks for the advice....I have glued it back on for now bc I think being so tiny it will otherwise disappear like my last one did. What is the net method? How do you hold the net down? With rock?

Just remember that mushrooms like a low water flow area and a low light area also for the most part,... Usually putting them near the bottom of your tank is the best area,...you also might try putting them in a little quiet area between a coupe of rocks,.... Being glued to a little rock or post will also give you the option to move him around until you find just the right spot where it seems to thrive.....good Luck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom