orange spotted goby/pistol shrimp break up/missing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
about 3 months ago i put a orange spotted goby and a pistol shrimp pair in my tank the first couple days they hadn't found each other but then after that they were back to best friends making there home right in the front center of my tank (so COOL to watch). everyday till about 3 days ago they were pretty much in the same spot and i would see them for a good part of the day but now i have seen the goby but the pistol shrimp has been missing :( the hole where they are normally at is mostly filled in and the goby is on the opposite side of my tank under a piece of live rock.he occasionally disappears for awhile and i haven't figure out where to but then goes back to under that piece of LR. what is going on? did my pistol shrimp die? is this common and in a couple of days he will be back? does anyone have any advice. i sad am that the goby is without his friend and his home :cry:

I have a randalls shrimp goby that paired up with my tiger pistol shrimp, the goby often wanders away from the shrimp but then I will see them playing a few hours later. My pistol has built an elaborate tunnel that spans through my entire substrate, they mainly like this one spot in the back corner but they cruise around different spots. Usually I wont even see the shrimp till feeding time or unless they are rescaping their tunnels. Your case seems pretty normal to me. I'm sure everything is fine. HTH!

Back
Top Bottom