Ordering Pizza in the near future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's been around for a while. Always starts some good discussions. I recently talked to a guy at steak and shake about electronic transactions and the eventuality that financial institutions want to go to a cashless system. Eventually this means people will have their entire life implanted in them in the form of an RFID or microchip. He said he wouldn't mind "them" knowing where he was at all times. Big brother is right around the corner...

i belive in a cashless system just not knowing "where you are" but the ability to act judged on your personal record is insane, as that limits our Choice and freedoms

It's just a matter of time... the information is already out there, and gov just needs to get their hands on it - or admit that they have it in their hands, rather. :|

So how is Canada these days? But then, will any country be safe? Not likely... especially since the 'Real ID' crap will be spun as anti-terrorism. So long as it's not followed by federally required implants...

cJw said:
So long as it's not followed by federally required implants...

They've already made the implants, just haven't been able to get them legislated luckily. As for myself, if hte government wants to give me a permanent implant, it's gonna have to be high speed lead.

It's not that I'm even worried about my privacy from the big brother thing. It's that it WOULD be abused. They can't be trusted with thier own credit cards and checking accounts. Why would anyone trust them with the information on theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom