Oscar and brown knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nugget1220

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can they go together brown knife has plenty of hiding spots and oscar gets along with pleco

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How big is the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No they need at least a 120g both of those get huge a 40g isn't even big enough for one of them let alone 2

No they need at least a 120g both of those get huge a 40g isn't even big enough for one of them let alone 2

This is correct. Even though small they will suffer in that small tank. A 1 inch Oscar outgrows a tank that small in a month.

This is correct. Even though small they will suffer in that small tank. A 1 inch Oscar outgrows a tank that small in a month.

they grow fast but not that fast. and oscar will be fine in a 40 for about 6 months to maybe 8 months. but not with a brown knife.

they grow fast but not that fast. and oscar will be fine in a 40 for about 6 months to maybe 8 months. but not with a brown knife.

Ocellatus will grow around a inch per month so I would agree with the tank being far to small even for a short time.

Back
Top Bottom