Oscars and Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cragg616

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got 2 albino tiger oscars and as they get bigger i plan on moving them to my 55gal tank which now has gouramis, tiger barbs, a cherry barb n a pleco... can these fish occupy the same tank?

You need a 75 gallon at the least and need to get rid of everything besides the oscars.

The barbs will be eat and that is way to small for them

They can't the oscars will eat the cherry barbs and the tiger barbs will nip their fins

Alright thanks for the replies

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had to oscars and they get big fast mine got 10 inches long before I moved them to a 250 gallon tank. And as far as putting them with anything else... Oscars are pigs they will eat anything and everything that fits in their mouths

How fast are we talkin cuz I'm going to get a 90 to 125 gal but that won't be for a year or so

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had 1 oscar in a 75 for a little over a year it went from 2 inches to almost 10 in that time period. They grow extremely fast given a good diet and good water maintenance.

I have two Oscars in a 125

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

2 oscars max out a 125 gallon. They get big fast and they should be in a 125 now, but since that's not possible they should be in the 55 with nothing else now and moved to a 125 within a couple months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom