Oscar's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanLikesFishAndBeer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well this lady that lives in my town posted on a website called "swap and sell" 2 oscars that need a new home. Everything is free that comes with them so I figured what the ****, might as well get them. The thing these guys have been living in only a 10 gallon tank, and I only have a 20. What am I to do with these 2 monsters... Suggestion's?

Don't get them if you dont have a big enough tank for them. Two full grown oscars are going to need at least a 75 gallon tank.

I agree with that, or find them an appropriate home. A 20 gallon isn't even enough for one Oscar

If you cant afford it you shouldn't have gotten them IMO. If you already did try to find a new home...

Yeah I agree dint get them if you don't have a big enough tank. Just because they are free. They need a good home

If you can find a home for them before getting them then I'd get them.

You could then rehome them and keep the tank they where housed in.

But make sure you have a home for them first!!!

I got them awhile ago, they seem to be okay... One looks a tad sick though I'm going to try to find a home for them ASAP.

If you can't get a bigger tank, go to walmart and get a big rubber garbage can and put them in there. I know it sounds bad but it's better than being crammed in a tiny tank. Just hang the filter off the side and make sure there's lots of aeration. Of course this is only temporary. I really hope you find a bigger tank or someone who has one that wants them.

Craigslist is your best bet for large tanks, cheap.

BTW... Your gouramis arent in the same tank are they...???

Yes, I know I've been searching Craig's list for awhile can't find one I'm interested in.. But no the gouramii's and quite a few others are in a 20g.

Back
Top Bottom