Other pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just thought I'd share some picture of my pets :) the one where the dog is on the trampoline and where he is laying on the floor were from today I was trying to clean up the yard a bit the dogs names are buddy ( the dark one) and lynx ( the lighter one ) :)

Attachments

• image-2765275576.jpg
    image-2765275576.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2487045329.jpg
    image-2487045329.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1287798514.jpg
    image-1287798514.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1446053769.jpg
    image-1446053769.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 100
Love this! I've got two dogs.

image-2968215575.jpg

image-2963508819.jpg

This puppy is Zoey. She is a one year old golden retriever lab mix. She went to the groomer today so she was tuckered out and fell asleep on my lap. She's a 70lb lap dog!

image-1961272994.jpg

And this little one is Macy. She's a two year old Maltese poodle mix. She is the queen bee!

Attachments

• image-429081135.jpg
    image-429081135.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 84
Aw poor dog looks buggered :) my two dogs are about 10 months old and there mum was a bullmastiff x Rottweiler x staffy and there dad was a pure bred dingo :)

The fluffy one is Holly. She's a 4year old German Shepard/Chow mix. I got her from a shelter for my 15th birthday. The other one is Sasha. She seems to be some sort of Shepard mix. I rescued her on my own this past Christmas after watching her get kicked around in a garbage bag.

image-1644891342.jpg

Attachments

• image-2478056880.jpg
    image-2478056880.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 53
The fluffy one is Holly. She's a 4year old German Shepard/Chow mix. I got her from a shelter for my 15th birthday. The other one is Sasha. She seems to be some sort of Shepard mix. I rescued her on my own this past Christmas after watching her get kicked around in a garbage bag.

God bless you for rescuing Sasha! What a sweet face! My next dog will be a shelter dog. My little one was a puppy mill puppy. So glad we got her out of her bad situation. She was a "bargain" puppy from a breeder that we got when she was five months old. She was treated pretty badly before we got her. She's such a good girl now but we sure struggled at first. She didn't trust anyone. My big dog was a puppy from an accidental litter that one of my coworkers had. I love my furbabies!

You guys are awesome for taking in rescues! I don't have any dogs right now, but the best dog I ever had was Nikki, a husky/lab mix (well, that was our best guess anyway) who we rescued when I was maybe 6 or 7. Someone brought her into the store where my mom was working looking for a home for her, and my mom couldn't say no. He had rescued her, but he was in the process of renovating his house and didn't feel it was fair to her to keep her since there was too much construction going on for her to be safe anywhere but in a crate or the yard. The people who had her before he did really abused her, she was missing teeth from being kicked in the mouth. She was friendly as could be once she got some love, though. Although she was jealous of other animals - she wouldn't tolerate any animal that we had any contact with. It took years to break her of this, and eventually we got another dog and after a few years of having to keep them separated they became good friends. The second dog, Chanel, was bred by some friends of my mom. Purebred standard poodle, and she was a great dog, too. They both passed away a few years ago, Nikki from old age, and Chanel had to be put down after she completely lost all control of her back legs.

Right now all I have are my fish, and I am temporarily fostering a baby raccoon that I found nearly dead in my driveway yesterday until a rescue can get back to me.

Oh, and btw, I love the dingo mixes! So cute!

Wow, dingos are rare! Are you in Australia? Never ever seen one IRL, even on holiday in Australia camping for a few months cross country. {edit: of course you are, had to switch to my laptop and saw your location, lol!} :blink:

Here in the states I see wolf mixes and some pure ones. One pet wolf I saw climb way up in a tree at a park.

Here's mine! She's addicted to sports gambling and passed out watching her life savings get lost in a hockey bet (I'm set in catnip for a while)
''

Here is mr grandpa, old as dirt.. I call him powdered donut..

Another funny one of my ghost boy, his collar is holding up his ears but they fall into little danishes naturally. His head is freaky shaped and he looks like a ghost! Thyroid issues, but he acts like a puppy! gaining weight back too, despite his age. I hope he breaks 20!!

here is the princess(same litter as sister above):

the last dog is a Basset, he is AKC and too cute for words, my hubby's pet. I rescued the three misfits above and got him the puppy he always yearned for one xmas eve. He grew up with the breed, saw a little girl with a basset puppy on an airplane and I hadn't chosen his gift yet.... you know what happened. :D
I have 2 dogs, 2 cats and next week I am adopting a baby goat! wheeee!

This is our boy Harley, a 5 1/2 year-old golden retriever. He's crazy photogenic. Plus he's a big, spoiled rotten goofball. :)

image-2815166681.jpg

image-2583730510.jpg

pankelephant said:
This is our boy Harley, a 5 1/2 year-old golden retriever. He's crazy photogenic. Plus he's a big, spoiled rotten goofball. :)

He's beautiful! I have a dark colored golden A's well, but he's only a year and a half.

Here's the dog of our house, a 10 year old English Mastiff rescue. 150 lb, and he's afraid of the cats.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130427_171338.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130427_171338.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 57
  • ForumRunner_20130427_171412.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130427_171412.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 54
I love this thread! We have three dogs all rescues. Our oldest came from a puppy mill that got shut down. He's the boss of the crew. He's a chihuahua crossed with pug. At a whopping 6 1/2 pounds, Kujo. Second oldest is our Angel baby. She was rescued off a reserve. A little boy was trading her and her siblings for dog food (to feed the mommy) so Heaven Can Wait saved her and her siblings and we fostered her but couldn't give her up. She's our beloved mix mutt. She has husky,German Shepard, sharpai, rottie and black lab in her. She weighs in around 65 pounds. Finally is Kiera, she was adopted by us from a family (who still comes to visit) who couldn't keep her anymore because she just doesn't know her size. (They have two small children) She is a Great Dane and she weighs more than me! Lol! She's 146 pounds. She also self feeds ;-)

Attachments

• image-2025935949.jpg
    image-2025935949.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2319747658.jpg
    image-2319747658.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3153174082.jpg
    image-3153174082.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1927951975.jpg
    image-1927951975.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 50
He's beautiful! I have a dark colored golden as well, but he's only a year and a half.

We wanted a red-head right from the beginning. The breeder had only one left, and as far as I'm concerned, we got the pick of the litter.

Haha he totally belongs on a bag of dog food, kinda suave looking :)

Ha! We actually call that first pic his "Blue Steel" look (from the movie Zoolander, if you've seen it.) He's "really really ridiculously good looking" and he totally knows it.

AngelWings, Harley does the exact same thing on the floor. It's crazy watching a hundred pound dog wriggle like he's a puppy. And he's afraid of cats too! :D

Mlani, I love those pics!

Everyone has the cutest dogs!

The first is my baby boy "dobie". The second is dobie and dukie sleeping in mamas bed. The brown dog was a foster failure (we adopted instead of foster) and the black dog was given as a wedding present. I do fostering for a local rescue group and walk the dogs at our local pound!

Attachments

• image-2262942768.jpg
    image-2262942768.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3856878477.jpg
    image-3856878477.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 50
The first is my baby boy "dobie". The second is dobie and dukie sleeping in mamas bed. The brown dog was a foster failure (we adopted instead of foster) and the black dog was given as a wedding present. I do fostering for a local rescue group and walk the dogs at our local pound!

Nose!!!

:)

image-3523846362.jpg

Harley says good morning!

Awww, sweet face! She looks all tuckered out. It's hard to tell in the pic ... how big is she? Is that her normal cut, or do you let it grow long? We give Harley a summer cut about this time of year, but usually it's long-ish.

Back
Top Bottom