Other Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's a couple of pics :roll:

Attachments

• squirrel_and_josie_on_rocking_chair3.jpg
    squirrel_and_josie_on_rocking_chair3.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 138
  • degu3_197.jpg
    degu3_197.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 199
  • birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 150
They are usually quite happy, well Josie wasn't in that pic. Squirrel started out licking her and then moved on to being a jerk.
Okay, don't twist my arm, here's some more pics :wink:

Attachments

• spice_watching_degus_151.jpg
    spice_watching_degus_151.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 241
  • zele_and_saprykin_on_desk.jpg
    zele_and_saprykin_on_desk.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 159
  • squirrel_and_josie_on_rocking_chair2.jpg
    squirrel_and_josie_on_rocking_chair2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 206
Lessee if I can remember them all....currently, I have:

82 snakes (mostly boas and pythons)
26 tortoises
14 lizards (bearded dragons, blue-tongue skinks, uromastyx)
3 tarantulas (Usumbara orange baboons)
3 ferrets
1 B&G macaw
1 Moluccan cockatoo
1 House cat
1 Hamster

Currently in my rescue:

6 red-eared slider turtles
1 yellow-bellied slider turtle
1 common snapping turtle
1 Asian water dragon
3 Bibrons geckos
1 leopard gecko

We have a Golden Retriever named Bailey, and two cats, Hank (orange tabby) and Summer (multi-colored)

Attachments

• uploadable_pics_013_585x438_580x434_medium_web_view.jpg
    uploadable_pics_013_585x438_580x434_medium_web_view.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 58
  • picture_015_585x438.jpg
    picture_015_585x438.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 130
  • picture_017_585x438.jpg
    picture_017_585x438.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 62
I have two cats: Darwin (dilute calico) and Mendel (gray tiger stripe)

img_334642_0_c9a400b936a0d6d4601411d930451812.jpg

But I also lay claim to my parents Persian/Himalayan cat (Fergie- her mom was Diana but passed away a few years ago) and their Cocker Spaniel, Isabelle. I also have a quarter horse/paint mix horse, but she's borded up near my parents and I don't get to see her much. :(

Other then the 4 tanks of fish, we have:

1 Boxer (Gordon)
1 Cat (Snuggles)
2 male Hampsters (Hampsterdam and Kensy)

Sorry, I forgot about my wife's hedgehog. I go it for her for Christmas last year. Add this to our dog and two cats...

Attachments

• uploadable_pics_009_large_web_view_580x434.jpg
    uploadable_pics_009_large_web_view_580x434.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 146
All we have is my daughter's hamster, Mr. Piddles ( :roll: ) of whom I have no pictures as of yet, and my giant bullmastiff, Cave' Canem:

normal_Cave%202004.jpg

Beautiful animals everyone. Thanks for sharing.

That's a awesome mastiff TankGirl.

4 borzoi, 1 collie, 2 saluki, 1 italian greyhound, 1 mixed breed, 1 cat, 1 senegal parrot and 2 ferrets.

Psyhampster - No not a light bulb, lol! We quit letting him play with those long ago....

It is actually a whiffle ball that the girls tossed to him, but because it is not a "dog" ball he refused to play. He knows what toys are his, and which ones belong to the kids. In the pic he is lying on one of his sterilized bones, those rock-hard bones that actually seem to be made of stone, as they are the only kind that don't get destroyed in moments.

Hara said:
1 senegal parrot and 2 ferrets.

Yay...another parrot/ferret person!

Tankgirl, great mastiff! my mother has a bullmastiff (10 years old!) and a 14 month-old Dogue de Bordeaux (150lbs already!)....they are both named 'dog' in different languages (although I affectionately refer to the DDB as "Slobberhead"), and are my dogs by proxy. :lol:

Toirtis - 10 yrs is a ripe old age for bullys - a reflection on her superior care, no doubt. Cave' Canem means "Beware of Dog" and that's pretty appropriate for him, though please don't get a helium balloon near him, lol! He is 8 1/2 and still the same lazy old thing he has been since about 14 months.

DDB - that's Hooch from Turner and Hooch, and those are wonderful dogs as well.

I used to keep parrots years ago when I worked for a parrot wholesaler in W. Palm Beach. I took care of 2 warehouses full of parrots straight from quarrantine after being imported. I had a Timneh African grey, a Moluccan (love those, that bird was how I met my husband) and a Goffins cockatoo (I won't comment about that one...). My husband had a Quaker parakeet for 25 years.

Great thread - I'll shut up now... :oops:

TankGirl said:
Toirtis - 10 yrs is a ripe old age for bullys - a reflection on her superior care, no doubt.

It is old....and he is going strong and active as ever....I would not be surprised if he makes 12-13.

Cave' Canem means "Beware of Dog" and that's pretty appropriate for him, though please don't get a helium balloon near him, lol!

Two of my mother's dogs have issues with hot-air balloons....go figure.

He is 8 1/2 and still the same lazy old thing he has been since about 14 months.

Is that a recent picture, then? If so, he sure doesn't look anything over 4-5.

DDB - that's Hooch from Turner and Hooch, and those are wonderful dogs as well.

Yep, thats a "Hooch"....like owning a furry tank.

That is a current pic of him - no gray on his face yet (well, if there is it is just dried slobber... :lol: ) The trick is to let the slobber dry and then it peels off in a nice sheet. 8)

Hara said:
4 borzoi, 1 collie, 2 saluki, 1 italian greyhound, 1 mixed breed, 1 cat, 1 senegal parrot and 2 ferrets.

Hara, I'm :mrgreen: with envy. Next to the standard poodle and afghan hound, the saluki and borzoi are in my top ten favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom