Otos and kuhli's in a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greater-Ajax

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a ten gallon, I have 6 Zebra danios ( 2 long fins) I was thinking about adding 5 kuhli's and 2 otos. Would that work, Or would I be over stocking?

Greater-Ajax said:
So I have a ten gallon, I have 6 Zebra danios ( 2 long fins) I was thinking about adding 5 kuhli's and 2 otos. Would that work, Or would I be over stocking?

I am really sorry to say that a 10 gallon is too small for the zebra danios and the Khulis. You could do otos and either sell the zebs or move them to a bigger tank. You could then do a few pygmy Cories and chilli rasboras

Wait, What?

I've asked on here before if the zebra danios would do good and they said yes :( My mom bought these for me ( and fish are not cheap here) Is there anyway I can keep them in it? Or do I really have to upgrade to a 20 gallon?

20 is best but the 10 gallon will probably be ok. I dont recomend it but in your situation you could probably get away with it. Just be sure their is LOTS of open space to swim!

I don't know what you guys are talking about.. danios are the most hardy fish I've ever owned. I've kept 3 in a 10 gallon with no problem, and I was like 12 at that time and never did water changes or anything alike. They probably werent the most happy, but I'm sure they were content in a 10 gallon.

Danios like to swim ALOT. They're very active fish. Your right they are extremely hardy and would survive in a 10gal but not thrive.

Danios should be fine in a 10g. Sure, a 20g would be better, but if we're going to be talking about whats 'ideal' for our fish, we're going to have to totally revamp our stocking standards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom