Otos :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you ever seen zebra otos?
zebraoto.jpg
I've almost bought some twice, but I've chickened out. The best price I can find on them is $13 ea, and I read they are more sensitive than the regular otos. So gorgeous though.:love: One of these days when I'm rich and famous I'll get some. :lol:

siva said:
Have you ever seen zebra otos?

I've almost bought some twice, but I've chickened out. The best price I can find on them is $13 ea, and I read they are more sensitive than the regular otos. So gorgeous though.:love: One of these days when I'm rich and famous I'll get some. :lol:

Oh yeah, I've seen these online for the same price, but I've never seen them in person. I've always wanted some too!! Lol they are gorgeous!!

Coursair said:
Quality Algae Wafers like Omega One have Spirulina as the first ingredient. A little meat WON'T hurt them. Rapashy makes a new gel food that Otos LOVE. Soilent Green or Vegan Green are both good.

"Soilent green is made from people!"

LOL!!!!'. I had to do it.

Oh and I forgot as Coursair said there Omega One is great also!

Welll I had made my mind up that when I went tonight I was getting otos...and guess what...THEY DIDNT HAVE ANY! AHH! And they said they dunno when they will be getting anymore in now :/ And ya there are a decent bit of pond snails in there (not a million or anything) and they are teeny tiny but I know a nice little goldfish who will gobble them all up within a half hour if I need him too :) I ended up returning the heater and ordered the same one (it was almost 30 bucks cheaper online!!!!) so hopefully it actually works. We have a two other petshops kind of in the area I am going to try and make it to and see if they have any otos. And those zebra otos...ohh myy! When I was reading about otos those popped up and I fell even harder in love with otos! (When you become rich and famous please buy me 60 of them hehe) lol maybe once I get some regular otos and get the feel for them one day down the road I can get some of the zebras! :)

Nice Zebra Ottos :)

I want one! Am going to do some research and see if I can have them or not.

I am understocked so can I have one in a 29 gallon?

Also can they mix with other plecos?

Last edited:
Nice Zebra Ottos :)

I want one! Am going to do some research and see if I can have them or not.

I am understocked so can I have one in a 29 gallon?

Also can they mix with other plecos?

they should be in groups of at least 3. im sure they can mix with other plecos, as long as they arent aggressive :)

Nope I don't have one, they're so cute though. Their heads are shaped a little differently from normal zebras, though.

I don't have a large enough tank :p

She's just a good and reliable breeder.

No luck yet :/ I am going to some other petshops today (trying to find my little brother a lizard) So I am going to keep an eye out for some otos. And I tried and tried growing algae but I swear I am the only person in the world who cant grow it same way with breeding pond snails lol I just cant seem to do it!! haha Everyone cross your fingers I can find some otos today :)

Thank you! I guess I have been a little occupied and my mind has been kept busy my platys and mollies had babys. I fed some of the platy fry to my betta though as I am not the biggest fan of platys lol plus I don't know what I would have done with 15 or so of them :)

A nutritious treat. Lol. Kinda sad that they have no future but it's the circle of life

Haha yeah my betta got in really bad shape so I babied the crap out of him and he wasnt eating well and he was super skinny so I put him in a small cup type thing and threw some babies in there and I have never seen him move so fast!! haha but now he looks 100% better :) But I went to a petshop that I havent went to in years and was actually impressed they have really big tanks for all the fish and I only saw one tank that didnt look too well but the guy is ordering some otos for me on monday I cant wait! :)

I'm not sure if they are good cleaners or not but I know they are the cutest things in the world!! haha

Back
Top Bottom