Otos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodeo one

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just read that Oto s should be in a group of 6, I have 3 in a 50g community. Any opinions? Other stock are 2 AF, 3 loaches , 8 Cory's & 5 Platys.

it's just a recommendation, not a must-do. I've 4 otos in my 30gal tank and they're doing well. I also have 3 in my gal CRS tank. otos are not schooling fish and they mind their own business, meaning that they're not very interactive with each other. so i wouldn't worry about it. But if you have the money, i would suggest you get more since they're good algae eaters and i can't praise enough of the job that they're doing in cleaning up both of my tanks.

Thanks for the reply :). Good excuse to get more, i really like them & mine do hang together esp. during the time of day that they 'leaf sit'.

I have 3 active little guys in my 10 gal planted. Sometimes the congregate all together hanging on the side, but mostly they are off doing their own things....love watching them.

Back
Top Bottom