Out of ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markstanfill

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some narrow leaf micro swords in my tank that have been spreading fairly nicely, many of the chains of runners are a foot long, or run into the wall and keep cruising. Basically the growth of the plant is seemingly good. I dose NPK, Trace, Iron, and CSM. I also inject c02. Tank is a 56 gallon, 30x18x24 with a 175 mh pendant about a foot and a half above the tank. The other plants pearl, and I chop handfulls of clippings out every week. Little green spot algae on my java fern, but what can you expect I suppose. Anyway, the micro swords have some kind of fuzzy brown, perhaps a hint of green algae growing on it. If I stir the substrate the algae will hang on to the dust stirred from the eco complete. I added a Koralia nano powerhead in the corner of the tank to increase water flow to see if perhaps that was the issue and it has not happened. And allthough I say that they have been spreading well, the vertical growth of the mother clumps have halted in the past couple weeks after I trimmed them down, but are not dying or showing signs of lacking nutrients or lighting. Hope that was lucid enough info, I would really love to get to the bottom of the issue.
markstanfill88-albums-my-tanks-picture2391-s7301514.jpg

markstanfill88-albums-my-tanks-picture2392-s7301517.jpg

It sounds to me as though you have an inbalance in nutrients. Have you thought about reconsidering what/how much you are dosing? Or, possibly doing a big water change to reset the balance in the tank?

gsa is a sign of low phosphate. increase your dosing of P and your gsa should go away.
the algae on your microsword sounds like fuzz algae or oedogonium James' Planted Tank - Algae Guide. like blueiz said, sounds like a nutrient issue. where are your co2 levels at?
what i would do if i were you is turn off your filters and water movement. and dose excel to the areas that are affected and wait 5-10 minutes and then turn your filter back on.

Back
Top Bottom