out of town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loveconvicts

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im goin out of town for 2 weeks and can't seem to find anyone to watch after my fish. Will the fish be ok without food for that long? I have a sw and two fw tanks.

You can get an Automatic feeder but use it before hand to make sure it works and get it at the right setting and everything.

Was just going to suggest that. I just did that today. I am going out of the country for about a week and needed someone or something to feed them while I was gone. It seems like the one I got will do the job- but I will write and let you know. It was about 15 bucks for this one. Not bad, knowing I have a timed feeder for when ever I leave. Runs on batteries.

Yeah I was thinking about that but not sure if it will effect the water quality. One tank is slightly overstocked so im more concerned about the water quality than the feeding

This might sound kind of mean, but you could put a few ghost shrimp in each of your tanks. Eventually the fish will get hungry and eat them off leaving you with 1 or none left. Ive done this quite a few times.

Make sure to do a water change before you go though do that any decaying food/ poop dont bring ammonia levels up while your gone.

it really depends on the tank at least for freshwater. fish are fine a week or so. pushing 2 weeks is risky. you cant find anyone who will stop by 2-4 times when you are gone to feed?

Back
Top Bottom