over eating neon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys and gals, today after feeding my posse of tetra I noticed that a single greedy neon (small but faster to food) had quite the gut on him.

I sat for a while observing the little sod and noticed he was floating toward the surface and had to swim quite a fair bit to keep still, even more so to more anywhere with conviction.

The last 2 days I mixed some of my TetraBetta food into their usual Tetramin flake food, reading the ingredients I noticed that 'Betta has freeze dried elements.

Anyways I was wondering is it possible that the new mixture of food i experimented with is the reason behind this? Or is it just that he/she is a greedy so and so?

Any help would be a great help!

P.S I tried to get a pic but the little bugger is still too quick for me to get any sort of clear snaps. Sorry...

I have a greedy neon as well. They can put away quite a bit of food :p If he's bloated, try fasting him for a few days. Tetra food isn't high quality food, and the freeze dried food can cause bloating since it expands in water. Try presoaking the food, or getting a different brand.

--Adeeb

I have a greedy neon as well. They can put away quite a bit of food :p If he's bloated, try fasting him for a few days. Tetra food isn't high quality food, and the freeze dried food can cause bloating since it expands in water. Try presoaking the food, or getting a different brand.

--Adeeb

Haha yeah I've read its not too good but with the lack of a job ATM I can't afford to get any different foods.

I will try the fasting technique and cut out the freeze dried elements, hopefully the little guy just needs a big bowel movement :D

What food would you recommend I get? For future purchases?

I use NewLifeSpectrum foods now. There's a member here(Fishguy2727) who will tell you why it's good :) Omega one is another good brand, and Hikari is decent. Tetra/Wardley/Aqueon foods are usually lower quality.

Also, feeding boiled, shelled peas will help with bowel movements.

--Adeeb

I use ocean nutrition foods and they seem great. Then again... I dont understand the giberish on the label for the most part lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom