over stocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tnfishman23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a used setup with fish and want to know if I am overstocked or not.currently in 75 gallon tank is a black ghost knife around 5 inches,2 Senegal bichirs around 5 inches and a delhezi bichir around 4 inches,silver dollar around 6 inches and 2 smaller silver dollars around 2-3 inches...currently I am using a sun sun hw304b canister filter,emperor 400 and a marineland penguin 350b.any help would be appreciated.

Most birchir get MASSIVE so if you can I'd probably trade them into your local store if possible. The ghost knife will eventually out grow the tank as they get huge too(over a foot in length). I have never used canisters but I know a lot of people swear by them. I have used Marineland filters over the past like 6 years and they are usually pretty great. My only complaint is that you have to check and make sure the bio wheels are spinning. Sometimes they stop randomly. I had one I hadn't noticed that it had stopped and mold grew on it so I had to buy a replacement wheel.

Did the setup come with heaters? If not I would look at either Marineland or Eheim. I have been pleased with both.

it actually came with 2 eheim heaters.i have a 150 gallon but it needs to be resealed so I figured I would get that done and use the 75 until I could.my marineland penguin 350b has had a problem with one of the wheels sticking and not wanting to spin.i tried cleaning it a few times but it still doesn't want to spin all the time.the emperor 400 has been great so far.

it came with a older light so I will be looking at led soon but proabably for the 150 gallon first and then the 75.i do like that light though and someone else i know has one and loved it as well.

Back
Top Bottom