overflow box won't fit behind stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi my overflow box won't fit behind stand what do should I do? My tank already filled. And established so i can't move it should I make a diy overflow? And if so how?

I would move the tank the couple of inches. I move my 125 just the other day it's a pain but just drain as much water as you can into a new garbage can and then when your done pump it back into the tank

I would move the tank the couple of inches. I move my 125 just the other day it's a pain but just drain as much water as you can into a new garbage can and then when your done pump it back into the tank

Never would have thought of that as a way of moving a tank great idea.

kjboer7 said:

Thxs I might make my own diy overflow anyways I like the Idea
I had a question about my return pump it's 1200 gph maxi jet and it's going in a 30 gallon sump with 72 gallon display would the return pump be to strong or will it be ok?

Lay next to the tank on your side. put your feet against the wall and both hands on the tank. Push with your feet. You will be surprised how easy it slides out.
Repeat on the other side.

Yeah my wife and I moved our 125 about 3 inches to make it sit level and it did move :) but I was pushing toward the wall not away. And yes your pump should be fine

mr_X said:
Lay next to the tank on your side. put your feet against the wall and both hands on the tank. Push with your feet. You will be surprised how easy it slides out.
Repeat on the other side.

I'll try that thxs hopefully I can move it

kjboer7 said:
Yeah my wife and I moved our 125 about 3 inches to make it sit level and it did move :) but I was pushing toward the wall not away. And yes your pump should be fine

Thxs I didn't want to have to buy a new pump

Back
Top Bottom