overgrown teeth greenspotted puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elliewibbs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello i know the picture isnt very good but the little bugger wont stay still when i try to get a picture his teeth seem to be overgrowing slightly ive put in snails but he seems to just eat the snail and leave the shell is there anything else i can do other than trimming them myself ??

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130810_135739.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130810_135739.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 75
buy a live clam. when you get one, it will be closed, indicating that its alive. Once you freeze it to kill many bacteria, then the clam will open slightly. Then you can thaw the frozen clam in tank water and hope your puffer will figure out that the clam is food. You can slightly open the clam if it helps.

Well, that's probably why. You should be feeding pond snails or small ramshorns to them. They have thin enough shells and are small enough to have to be cracked open. Mystery snails have fairly thick shells and are large enough for them to get right at their foot when opened up.

These where only little babys the size of the puffers eye and all that but okay ill try! Thanks

If they are really long it will prevent the puffers from eating. YouTube is very helpful if you wanted to trim your puffers teeth.

I will try stuff thats been said and if he stops eating ill do it i just dont really want to do it myself cause i dont want to hurt the little guy

Back
Top Bottom