overstocking question?!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishguy228

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my store is selling three for 16$ a piece at 4" by 5" but in my 55 i also want to get a black ghost knifefish and i know that i will need to upgrade to at least a 100 gallon but how long till i need to upgrade plus i also have 2 pictus cats 3",bicher 4",ropefish 8",2 gold algea eaters 2 1/2", hujeta pike, will it be over stocked soon whats your estimate?

I would. They grow really fast. And do some research on them so you are prepared for their other needs. :) I have one, and I LOVE him, he is pretty much trained.

sure thats not a hujeta gar? i wouldnt add anything right now you have a good amount of fish in there. you will prob need more like a 180+. BGK can get to 20+ inch alone. bichir can reach 20 or so inch depends on the species. the gar 8-9 inch...

i would wait until you have the tank space before buying the fish as much as you can.

a pike is a gar... equivalent to freshwater barracuda, destined to eventually attack EVERYTHING
you might as well have an alligator in there

ok well im thinking of selling the hujeta pike also the feeder fish have taken over my hospital tank so that helps the decision

Back
Top Bottom