Pacu and Pleco interbreeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhetor

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know it isn't possible, but my Pacu doesn't seem to realize.

The 19" fish has really taken a liking to the 7" pleco in the tank.

Whenever i'm in the room he completely ignores the pleco, but there have been numerous occasions where i walk in to find my pacu with his nose on the pleco, just sitting there and staring at him.

Its very odd fish behavior. The Pacu is magically intrigued by his tank mate. He's a curious fish, but this is just weird. He just swims up to the pleco, puts his face on him and sits there for a while.

I'm going to try installing an in-tank stereo system and play Ray Charles at low volumes, dim the lights a bit, and dump some fine california red wine into the tank. We'll see where nature goes from there.

I have a botia that swims with my danios, That's a wierd as my tank gets. But that's not even in same hemisphere as that level of wierd. 8O

Dep

I think he's just an over-curious fish.

He's always interested in whats going on in the tank. If i had to move some furniture around in there for him, he always comes over and checks it out. He gets in the way a lot though... Even when you move him out of the way he just swims back and watches what you're doin.

That pleco really captures his attention though. He just loves staring at the damn thing!

My Pacu used to do the same thing to my Pleco... however mine was more like a get off my turf kinda stare. Eventually the Pleco would move and the Pacu would sit happily in the spot the Pleco used to occupy.

Back
Top Bottom