Paintball co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would a paintball co2 system have any downsides compared to a regular pressurized co2 system. Money isn't a limiting factor just space. I bought 2 20 oz co2 bottles and was going to go with this regulator http://greenleafaquariums.com/products/paintball-co2-regulator.html. In my area co2 is 20 cents an ounce no matter what size container so I'm losing money by going with the smaller c02 bottle I just have small children in my house and nowhere to store a larger bottle. My tank is 75 gallons. I would also like to know how long one 20 oz bottle would last on this size of a tank. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

I don't see any downsides other then it will run out faster... + side to paintball is, paintball shops are usually easier to find, and mine charges 5 bucks when I fill two 20oz bottles... You can't fit a 5 pound bottle in your cabinet?

I don't see any downsides other then it will run out faster... + side to paintball is, paintball shops are usually easier to find, and mine charges 5 bucks when I fill two 20oz bottles... You can't fit a 5 pound bottle in your cabinet?

No It's an old style cabinet so the doors are pretty small and I already have 2 large canisters and a uv sterilizer in it

No It's an old style cabinet so the doors are pretty small and I already have 2 large canisters and a uv sterilizer in it

Hmmm... Well if you could squeeze a 5 pound bottle in there somehow, it would be the better way to go, but if space is non negotiable, paintball will suffice. Like I said, you'll just be refilling more often. Not sure how long they'll last, all depends on BPS, how long you're running the co2, diffusion method, etc...

Also, not sure what the largest size paintball bottle is, but that may be worth looking in to... Pretty sure I've seen some that are at least twice as fat as the 20oz bottles last time I was in the shop... But, I'm a fish nerd not a paintball nerd so I don't know the exact sizes... :lol:

Also, not sure what the largest size paintball bottle is, but that may be worth looking in to... Pretty sure I've seen some that are at least twice as fat as the 20oz bottles last time I was in the shop... But, I'm a fish nerd not a paintball nerd so I don't know the exact sizes... :lol:

I just bought a couple of 20 oz bottles and just change them out and I'm using a ceramic disk to diffuse

Back
Top Bottom