Paired Clown Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MKFMedic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone!

I have a orange/white Percula and added a black/white percula a month ago. They seem to have become a pair swimming and hanging out together. That's great.

I have a green bubble tip anemone which the orange percula hosts, but every time the black one gets near, she chases him away. Is that pretty normal? Everywhere else in the tank they seem to be buddies and swimming side by side, so I was just wondering.

I imagine eventually, they might both host, with a little more time together.

Thanks,

Mike

It's not uncommon for one to host while the other is chased away from it. It's my understanding that it is partly due to the size of the BTA and clown pairing time. Since they haven't been together that long, give it time.

Yeah my female occy clown wouldn't let the male host for 2 to 3 months after she started hosting. Since then they both host sometimes at the same time lol the reason I laugh is that I have a 2.5" female and a 1.5" male and my nem is probably only about 2" across when fully opened. Its kind of funny to watch

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom