Pairing Maroon Clowns??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all!

So here was my project. I wanted to try and pair two of my favorite type of clown, the maroon clown.

How i am going about it....I basically introduced them to my nano at the same time.

They were nipping at eachother for a few days, then i introduced a colored Bubble anemone and of course they fought for territory.

Right now, they are sharing the anemone! My question is, do you think this is the first step towards pairing?

So everyone knows they arent staying in the Nano, i was hoping to pair them because i'm setting up a 75g reef next month.

Even though you are going to move them to a 75 getting them to pair up in such a small tank is going to be a tough proposition as they won't have anywhere to go if aggression occurs. Good luck!

One IS larger....not MUCH larger...but larger.

Like i said, they seem to be getting along quite wel now. I'm setting up the 75 on September 9th, so once it cycles i'll move them into it.

I tried to add a small MGB clown in with the one I have in the tank now.......

I stuck the bag over in the tank(still closed) and my clown FREAKED OUT. he started attacking the bag and flaring up like crazy. you could hear him hitting the bag from accross the room.... thump thump thump. I didn't even go there.

well the two i added, i added at the same time. they were in seperate tanks at my LFS but they seem to be getting along now

Only time will tell... just keep an eye on them..
I added 2 GSM at the same time in my reef when they were very small (before the color change) and they paired up...

Back
Top Bottom