pale tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brettyd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I keep having and issue with my tiger barbs. One by one they get very pale to begin with then their colour comes back and they look find then wind up dead a couple of days latter. The one today I noticed a single red dot on the scales which I have not seen before.

At first I thought it was stress from not having a complete school but Ive ruled this out as I have seen the fish swimming around happy for the last couple days.

Im thimking along the lines of and internal parasite as its only affecting my barbs in my community. Is there any signs I need to look out for that barbs are acceptable too?

I have 200L tank or 50 Gal with FX6 filter, LED light which runs about 10hrs. Tanks is unplanted, just orniments and fake plants. I have 5 barbs, 1 ram, 5 rummies, 2 correy cats, 8 tetra neon.

tank is cycled and do water changes one a week about 20% to 30%, nitrates are about 40 ppm by the water change.

What's the temperature? Any ammonia? Can you post pics of the afflicted fish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Temp 26 deg

No ammonia or nitrites when I do my weekly water changes
Nitrates do build up to 40/80 ppm by this time.

This maybe related or not but I have noticed some fish are pale if I feed them latter then usual, they regain colour after feeding. I feed once a day. But none of fish seem to die weeks later.

Back
Top Bottom