Parasite or fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krutchh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey wondering what's on my fish (male/female?) and how I should treat it. This one spot goes away and comes back in the same place. A couple of the other fish might have it too but i don't think it's ick. Doesnt seem threatening but I have seen him rub up on rocks before.

I used to work at a tropical fish store and my boss would catch the infected fish and gently scrape off white spots with a credit card.. I can't catch lebron though, he's too smart.

I have 3 fish coming from ebay tomorrow... How should I treat the tank?

Attachments

• image-3129756877.jpg
    image-3129756877.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 73
i have looked up many parasites, by now it wuold have spread or at least moved. i think it may be a fungus that has gotten better due to good parameters and pwc, but flared up again as soon as the quality fluctuated (no offense). i dont think the new fish should go straight in there anyway, they should be QT in case they carry bad diseases or whatever.
the fungus can be treated with slt, however i think it needs a defo ID first. we may need a closer pic, wether it looks fuzzy or smooth and if it gets bigger by the day.
btw i think your fish is male x

thanks for the info. what's slt and defo ID? i think youre right on the fungus. I'm doing frequent small water changes and it seems to be clearing up. I dont think i can grab a better picture because I cant even tell with my eyes up close if it's fuzzy or not. Literally one small white spot almost like a scuffed scale

ID imo is a bumblebee cichlid. some can be borderline black, theres one in my lfs like yours.
it could actually be just a bite from another fsh, but since the fins are fine i think u should keep up the water quality and maybe add some salt to combat the fungus (if thats what it is) x

Back
Top Bottom