Parasite or poo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HokieProf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had this little bumblebee platy for about a week. During that time, he keeps having these long strands of poop. They are sometimes white, at other times they look relatively normal. They have been much longer than this photo suggests at times. He's my smallish fish, but he definitely defecates more frequently and more dramatically than my other fish. The poop or whatever it is happens multiple times a day. This is my only bumblebee platy. He keeps to himself a little more than the other fish, but he's also the smallest and possibly the youngest fish in the tank. There's nothing else that seems unusual. I wouldn't say that he's anti-social.

Does this sound like a parasite problem or just a fish with a different digestive process from my others?

He's also my favorite fish. He's just so cute.20190714_112959.jpg

Could be stressed and not settled in yet. If it continues for several weeks accompanied by bloating and/or lack of appetite then you more than likely have a parasitic issue.

Back
Top Bottom