Parasites and Reputation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
If a LFS sells you critters with parasites, do you stop patronizing? Or is it just one of those things.

Saturday I brought home a handful of ramshorns and two kuhli loaches and put them in an effectively nuked tank for quarantine. I dosed the tank with Herbtana, which may or may not do anything. It's supposed to boost the immune system. Within a couple of hours, I saw tiny twirly red worms swimming in the water. I dosed with PraziPro and haven't seen them since.

There is no doubt that the worms came with either the snails or fish. Should I now consider this shop risky?

To complicate things further, I sell guppy fry (for store credit) to this shop. I don't want my fry getting parasites!

This is one of the best shops I've found. Is this a red or yellow flag?

Last edited:
I judge them by how they react to being told there were parasites... Ie do they seem concerned for the welfare of remaining fish etc or are they defensive/passive/apathetic

You know I hadn't even thought to tell him. The guy who runs the shop takes either Sunday and Monday or Monday and Tuesday off. I'll stop in on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom