Pardon me while I burst into flames...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have a gsp coming in the mail from CT should be here within the day but im beyond worried for the lil guy *gulp* think the box will repel the heat to a degree?

Oh wow, I hope for your sake and the mailmans that it does because if that thing dies and is in the heat for that long it is going to be ripe

ShadoeFox said:
Not much. Hopefully they packed it with something to keep cool or as something to keep cool.

dont think so just bag and lots of bubble wrap but its coming from eastern CT to central RI so itd be in transit for a short time but anyway back on topic. I feel bad for those who work out side

Are Green Spotted Puffers edible? Someone may be sending you a slow cooked fish dinner. (just kidding! I know, that was bad).

I actually just got 6 Panda Corys delivered to me a couple days ago and they were all fine (came from Georgia to VA). I got them from Severum Mama though and she's the master of packing.

Love2Fish said:
Oh wow, I hope for your sake and the mailmans that it does because if that thing dies and is in the heat for that long it is going to be ripe

noo dont jinks it!! im sure he'll be fine though if he gets here today il needa bring em in before work i work 4-8 mail comes at 230-330 i leave at 330 i wont have enough time to drip accclimate what do i do?

Wow it must suck to be you guys on the east coast...here in Cali it's always a nice roll in of clouds in the morning followed by nice 85 degree weather. :)

Hope you all don't hate me for having it nice here. ;)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Wow it must suck to be you guys on the east coast...here in Cali it's always a nice roll in of clouds in the morning followed by nice 85 degree weather. :)

Hope you all don't hate me for having it nice here. ;)

-_- no get out! lol jk cali isnt bad 2 years ago i went in the summer i was in LA heats not bad 90° its the humidity that kills us east coasters

haha yes it must, i have been to the east coast in teh spring (north carolina) and it was humid there one day, and i had to dress up in all-black :(

It's not humid here, but due to the fact it's not humid, that means its easier to get wildfires...

Update @ 12:45:

@ 1000ft Elevation

Weather Report @ Effort, PA(762ft):
101.6 °F
Feels Like 121 °F

Edit:
@ 1:15pm:
102.7 °F
Feels Like 121 °F

Last edited:
Alright, everyone wish me luck. I've got to head out into the oven for a while to pick some stuff up.

I feel like I should be drip acclimated just to go from my house to my car :)

I'm not leaving the house unless it catches fire :lol:

I'm glad I'm up a little in elevation :), down in the valley it's brutal...

Effort, PA @ 1:40pm:

104 °F
Feels Like 123 °F

Last edited:
There are lots of people that live with these temps year round, and without AC. Panama, in the Dry Arch comes to mind, as one place. I'm actually enjoying it. I live for those 5 to 10 very hot days we get in a normal summer. I keep my AC at around 76 to 78; I want it to still feel like summer.

Back
Top Bottom