paroon shark help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbacichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
everytime I do a water change my paroon shark turns sliver. all the black on his body turns sliver. this is just recently this started happening I've had him over a year now. is this just from the tap water conditioner and stress syzm and stress coat

Sent from my LGMS323 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

At a glance, my best guess is from stress. Fish get pale when they are stressed. Fish color actually changes a pretty decent amount in response to their environment. As long as it doesn't stay that way, I wouldn't be concerned. It is a pretty common reaction in some fish after a water change.
Why are you using the conditioner and all the other stress additives? All you really need is conditioner.

How's your temp match game??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

At a glance, my best guess is from stress. Fish get pale when they are stressed. Fish color actually changes a pretty decent amount in response to their environment. As long as it doesn't stay that way, I wouldn't be concerned. It is a pretty common reaction in some fish after a water change.
Why are you using the conditioner and all the other stress additives? All you really need is conditioner.

to be honest that's how my father always did it and he's been very successful with aquaria. I only put conditioner on the fish day. I don't really use stress syzm. stress coat I add the day after. I just wrote the syzm down because I.have used it in the pass. only reason for concern was that this only started happening recently

How's your temp match game??

what you mean by match game? temp is at 76 never higher then 80 never lower then 72

You condition the new water as it's added or before right?? Temp.match as the water you're adding is no more then +/- 3°

Ohh got you I do it by touch/feeling never have I had fish die on. and I add it to the bucket before I put in the tank I let sit for for about 5 minutes before adding it to the tank.

You condition the new water as it's added or before right?? Temp.match as the water you're adding is no more then +/- 3°

note this is a hold tank I have him in for winter I have a pond but live in New York gets to cold

note this is a hold tank I have him in for winter I have a pond but live in New York gets to cold

*and the forum community takes a collective sigh of relief*
To answer the question it likely is from stress, like previously stated.
Water changes still make my Empire Gudgeons pretty scared after 8 months in the tank. They get really pale for like an hour or two then color up nicely. I've always heard that the young paroons are very skittish and easily scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

*and the forum community takes a collective sigh of relief*
To answer the question it likely is from stress, like previously stated.
Water changes still make my Empire Gudgeons pretty scared after 8 months in the tank. They get really pale for like an hour or two then color up nicely. I've always heard that the young paroons are very skittish and easily scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

he don't seem to scare that easy he swims past my hand When it's in the tank he's even brushed up against me never really got scared. I've also have read that and did loads on research I guess I.got lucky with this guy. and he's pushing 2-2 and a half years old. now I.d sharks are scared very easy. I will not.keep one because I don't won't it killing itself

I have no experience with them and since it's over wintering indoors this year, what's the growth rate and the plan for next years winter ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I have no experience with them and since it's over wintering indoors this year, what's the growth rate and the plan for next years winter ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

well I've already got a lfs that wants him when I can't keep him any longer they got a huge pond with i.d sharks and paroons. they'll probably have him sooner rather then later.

I had an Iridescent Shark (catfish of some sort) that would flip over and fall to the bottom and lay there every time I ran the vacuum cleaner by the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom