Parrots @ Walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was there for four years a while back.

I found another sight that says manmade hybrid. Which I guess could mean a "man" cut the tail off and "made" a quick buck

I found another sight that says manmade hybrid. Which I guess could mean a "man" cut the tail off and "made" a quick buck
Yeah nothing like trying to sugar coat and glorify things for the average person who doesn't know to really research it. I don't see how anyone could buy one of those fish knowing how they are made. Personally if I saw one in my LFS I would tell them if they didn't stop carrying them me and everyone that I have sent there will start going else where.

On another side note I grew up in Califronia

My LFS here I have trusted for a long time but earlier in the year they were selling gold fish with messages like the little candy hearts drawn or dyed on them, It was quite depressing. This was a very nice store and they had to resort to selling gimmick fish. But what am I going to do right , not many choices around savannah

My LFS here I have trusted for a long time but earlier in the year they were selling gold fish with messages like the little candy hearts drawn or dyed on them, It was quite depressing. This was a very nice store and they had to resort to selling gimmick fish. But what am I going to do right , not many choices around savannah
Nothing like a nice LFS selling out there souls eh?

Parrot cichlids themselves are manmade hybrid fish. Not all parrots are dyed. We have a quite large one that isn't, and it's a cool fish with a lot of personality. However, the parrots that are any color other than orange are dyed, and the heart shaped parrots are the ones with the cut off tails.

Parrot cichlids themselves are manmade hybrid fish. Not all parrots are dyed. We have a quite large one that isn't, and it's a cool fish with a lot of personality. However, the parrots that are any color other than orange are dyed, and the heart shaped parrots are the ones with the cut off tails.
I realize this and never said that all were I was bringing up the tailless "heart parrots". I don't mind the normal Red Parrots in fact I quite like them.

I realize this and never said that all were I was bringing up the tailless "heart parrots". I don't mind the normal Red Parrots in fact I quite like them.
Actually, I was responding to the post below, but forgot to quote it in my message. Not trying to have a debate about hybrids, just trying to clear some points up for a salty. ;)

Actually, I was responding to the post below, but forgot to quote it in my message. Not trying to have a debate about hybrids, just trying to clear some points up for a salty. ;)
Oh okay makes sense, and no need to debate we all agree dying/tail cutting is wrong. :)

Back
Top Bottom