Passer Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWSCJ

Aquarium Advice Freak
Passer Angelfish

Scientific Name Holacanthus passer
Reef Compatible No
Care Level Intermediate
Disposition Semi-aggressive
Min. Tank Size 100 gallons
Mature Size 14 inches
Diet Omnivore
Range Central America
Size Class
view chart
Other Common Names
King Angelfish
Description
Passer Angelfish are an attractive species that will do well in a semi-aggressive fish only aquarium. The Passer Angelfish plays well with tangs, wrasses, groupers, lionfish and other semi-aggressive types. Juveniles have been seen acting as cleaner fish and adults have been frequently noted as cleaning sharks. It is not a good idea to mix full size angelfish with each other unless the aquarium is 180 gallons or more.

Juvenile Passer Angelfish are bright orange with blue and white vertical lines and bright yellow orange tails. Adult coloration is similar, but more subdued. Juvenile Passer Angelfish look very similar to Juvenile Clarion Angelfish and can be easily confused for each other unless seen side by side.
Diet
Feed a varied diet consisting of large chunks of meaty foods. These foods include krill, raw table shrimp, squid, clam and mussel. It is also a good idea to occasionally supplement with some type of herbivore diet containing spirulina and supplement with a sponge fortified formula specifically for Angelfish.

Attachments

• image-707153349.jpg
    image-707153349.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 731
SWSCJ said:
I have a 180g lagoon.... 36"W x 72"L x 16"T

And I love your lagoon! Way jealous! Lol

I was referring to the profile, it says min tank size is 100 gallons, which IMO just seems a little small.

And btw... I love seeing updated pics of your lagoon! That tank is amazing! And I love your stingray! I would love to own one some day!

Yeah, I agree the profile was inaccurate. I think I've locked down on a friends queen angel. He's had it in his FS for a while. Eating like a pig. The ray is in another friends 300 gallon tank. It kept wanting to get out. The ray will go in a future tank we build.

Another tank! Omg....... Can't wait to see what and how you do it. That angel is a beautiful and I know it would be in good hands in your lagoon. I am going to pick up a smaller scale angel today. Lol the cherub angel. Last fish to be added to my way smaller then your tanks tank. Lol been waiting weeks for this little guy. Hope it goes well.

Back
Top Bottom