Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scarlet Reef Hermit being silly
JJ4qixo.jpg

I know you don't have him anymore, but this guy is such a ham. :D

I literally got lost for hours reading this thread about your tanks. You have such an eye for arrangement and care. SW Tanks are your media for art! Thank you so much for sharing these. I, like so many others, will be living vicariously, as I do not have the time/patience/money/knowledge, etc to maintain a SW.

Rock on, Sir!

:fish2:

I know you don't have him anymore, but this guy is such a ham. :D

I literally got lost for hours reading this thread about your tanks. You have such an eye for arrangement and care. SW Tanks are your media for art! Thank you so much for sharing these. I, like so many others, will be living vicariously, as I do not have the time/patience/money/knowledge, etc to maintain a SW.

Rock on, Sir!

:fish2:

Thanks for the kind words and reading up on my thread! I still have scarlet hermits just got rid of the couple really big ones like that guy. He was rocking that spike shell for a while. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Love all your fish pics and Wrasse editions, Paul! And btw that Swedish fish joke was the best thing ever! :lol:

Picked up some pods that came in today and mixed some with LRS frozen to try to convince this leopard wrasse to eat frozen. Didnt see him eat any LRS, but he chomped down on some pods. My melanurus probably ate the most of them. He's a ninja beast when food is present, especially live food. I added about half of the pods to the DT rocks after lights out and the fish where asleep. Went back to the LFS to pick up some frozen cyclops to try to mix that with the remaining pods tomorrow. I read that this is how some people done it because the cyclops and small and whole, they look more "alive". Hopefully it works. i can get frozen cyclops for $5 a pack opposed to the LRS reef frenzy for $20. Here is a photo I snapped of my tank in "night watching mode". I have a preset in my tank that only turns on the red LEDS at level 1/100. Allows me to observe the tank withough disturbing anything at night. Its kinda wild looking.
GWpeiT7.jpg

Picked an extra bottle of pods today to mix in with the cyclops.. I mixed some of the pods in with the cyclops and the Potter's leopard actually ate some of the cyclops, mostly the pods though. This is good news though. Its a healthy looking fish, possibly my favorite. The pink margin fairy is a beauty, hes just chilled out for a wrasse (until food is i the area), Gets along great with everyone in the tank.
Here is a video during a pod/cyclops feeding of everyone. :)
https://youtu.be/J9BiTU9pd7A

Glad the potters is eating for you. The video is amazing also. Its fun to watch them during feeding time. All your corals look so beatiful Paul. You have a really good eye for reef scaping. I am loving the low profile of your rock scape. I can't wait to get my 125 gal scaped and full of life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Also got a small pink milli that was clipped off a dying mother colony for $10. Hope it does well. Also have not seen my Lubbock's wrasse for a couple days now. I'm thinking the red fin harassed it do much he hid and died. Maybe he'll show but I doubt it. He way skin when I got him as well. On the good news the potter's is doing great. Eating cyclops and even some LRS now. Hands down favorite fish now. The pink margin is doing fantastic as well. Flashed up on my melanurus a little while ago when I was looking at th tank. They where showing out to one another, the fairy won the 'battle', there where no bites. Really looking forward to the pink margin to become terminal and hopefully get some really nice colors like the photo from liveaquaria.
mjjvyBa.jpg

ufHUOEe.jpg

p-82737-pink-margin-fairy-wrasse.jpg

Yeah I have the large one its awesome

Yea I bet the large is pretty stout. I once had as large original Mag-float. It was strong. The medium seems a good fit in a standard 40 breeder to me. Here's where my Mag-floats rest. An original medium stays in the tank.
kvXkksS.jpg

The little Lubbock's is considered a goner. It's been to long since I've seen it. All the others are doing fantastic. Here is a feeding video I took today. The potter's leopard is going to town on that cyclops!

https://youtu.be/9M6bUGSDrPc

Picked this little dude (M. meleagris) up today. He was eating LRS and looking good at the LFS. Social acclimation didn't last long as there was no bad behavior with anyone in the tank at all. Here is a photo of him in social acclimation and in the DT.

6kY9VOp.jpg

axlXpkf.jpg

Ansd here is a short clip of him swimming around. Hasn't dove into the sand yet!
https://youtu.be/cLzGOu-plqg

Loving the leopards man! Hope she does well for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom