Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kvXkksS.jpg

I always kept my mag float in the tank until I found the salt water deteriorated the plastic casing , the only thing I don't like about the mag float is the magnet is to strong
I got to fight with it just to clean the glass it takes 2 hands just to get the thing to move,
god knows how many times I thought I was going to break the glass putting the float in place , if you don't put the second part in halfway across the tank and glide it until the 2 meet disaster will strike, this is why I like my scraper on a stick less of a head ach .

kvXkksS.jpg

I always kept my mag float in the tank until I found the salt water deteriorated the plastic casing , the only thing I don't like about the mag float is the magnet is to strong
I got to fight with it just to clean the glass it takes 2 hands just to get the thing to move,
god knows how many times I thought I was going to break the glass putting the float in place , if you don't put the second part in halfway across the tank and glide it until the 2 meet disaster will strike, this is why I like my scraper on a stick less of a head ach .

I never had a problem with any of this. I did used to have a large Mag-float and those are pretty powerful, but is intended to a thicker glass. I do check them and pads for any damages from time to time. My oldest one is probably around 4 years old and still in good shape. For a real thorough cleaning my long hand scrapper is boss, just not as convenient to me.

Flow got an upgrade yesterday! These 2 jeboa rw-8's came in and replaced my old hydors. I'm very impressed with them. The pulsing and wave type mode are awesome. They are quieter, smaller, more powerful than the hydors.
6HGDdGh.jpg

Flow got an upgrade yesterday! These 2 jeboa rw-8's came in and replaced my old hydors. I'm very impressed with them. The pulsing and wave type mode are awesome. They are quieter, smaller, more powerful than the hydors.
6HGDdGh.jpg

Wow great minds do think alike I just added new power heads and a wave pump to mine too :D

I have been debating between the maxpect gyre 130 and these. My buddy who owns several of the gyre riptides and these jeboas really likes them both but actually prefers these RW's over the more expensive gyre. So that's what I went with. The thing I like best about the riptide was how small and streamline it is, but looks like it could be a hassle to work on. Also he said their customer service was bad.

Figures I ordered the wrong size power head somehow I only ordered 1 850
img_3363440_0_a92a7fe3b94fe2a45a1a3c6ae5938def.jpg

Lol. That's how it goes right? If you change you mind check out the jeboas. They are impressive and quiet. My hydors always 'clicked' kinda when cut on and off by a wave controller. However they are good powerhead with fantastic customer service.

I might be picking up a 2 headed gold torch Tuesday. I know, I already have one, but I don't see it splitting new heads anytime soon and the price is right! Lol

I moved a few things around like the gold torch, lobo, and green hammer. Here is an updated FTS.
uys50Qa.jpg

I never turn the flash on but I did on this one. Lights were ramping down and I snuck up on this guy. Lol.
DXRLKB4.jpg

Well since my last post I have lost both of my leopard wrasses. The juvenile went first after looking lethargic that morning and the potter's just showed up dead. I'm fairy certain it was internal parasites as leopards are very susceptible to them. It really hurt my to see the potter's dead. He was a favorite of any fish I've owned. Well massive water change, gfo and carbon replaced, and skimmer cleaned today. All else is very well.

So sorry to hear that Paul :(. Everything in your tank does look very healthy. I hate that this happened, they were beautiful fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom