Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I completely lost that big green acro. Large water change and skimmer back on line as well as fresh carbon. At least that was the only one besides a couple tips on 1 other. All else is looking good.

Parameters are back under control now and everything is looking good. The burnt tips of the other acro that was affected by the spike is showing recovery and very nice polyp extension. I did save my pennies up and ordered this gem last week. Came in yesterday!
C. lineatus
pHsprxr.jpg

UhJyU8t.jpg

Your flow is so strong is that what a normal reef tank flow should be?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So gorgeous. All of it. Love your tank

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Thanks!
Your flow is so strong is that what a normal reef tank flow should be?

My flow is strong. It's close to the limit of blowing sand grains around, but is before that level. Your question is one that would get many different answers. There are a lot of SPS tanks and bare bottom tanks that have more flow than mine, and softy and LPS tanks that have very little flow. I just try to find what works best for me. Flow is a good thing in a reef tank keeping food and detritus from piling on the sand bed. The intense flow is mainly in the SPS (high) section of my tank, and lower towards the LPS/zoa (low) section of my tank.

I got rid of the Midas blenny. He kept acting aggressive towards the wrasses. I noticed fin nips on my new lineatus and the social fairy. I've seem the blenny nip at most of them. He is now gone. On another note I have not seen the little rainfordi goby in a good while. I may just be down to the 5 wrasses. I'm gonna call it right here, not adding anymore fish to the tank.

What's the trick for acans to grow faster. Min went from 3 to 6 in 8 months, you have a way to make them as big as yours?

What's the trick for acans to grow faster. Min went from 3 to 6 in 8 months, you have a way to make them as big as yours?

Don't really have a trick, but they seem to like the lower light. That big red acan was grown from a single head. It's doing so well and one of my favorites. I spot feed mine sometimes as well.

Back
Top Bottom