Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pulled the trigger on this used 30" Trigger sump today. Got a good deal. My current acrylic sump is questionable in some ways and this will make a good cleaning opportunity. Very good quality on this sump, feels indestructible. Should be a snug fit under my 40.
miJKxqn.jpg

Swapped the sumps today. It ended up added 10 gals to overall water volume. I had to trim a corner down to fit this sumo in. It was a very tight fit in my over built stand. Pretty happy with the sump. Looking to upgraded skimmer next. Also debating on doing away with a refugium all together. Here is before, during, and after.
PcAnBad.jpg

Love the purple fire fish! I saw one of those anemone shrimp a while back and passed on it to get another RFA that day, thinking I'd be able to get another one anytime and haven't seen one since. May have to order one, they are cool.

Thanks guys! Yea, those shrimp can be hard to come by, but can be ordered usually. There are some different ones that are pretty unique.

Nice sump Paul. I like that anemone shrimp. He has some unique coloring. I was looking at the fire fish Friday but decided not to add any fish until I get my 125 up and running.

Update. The little blenny didn't make it but 2 days. I kinda figured because of how thin he was, but was hopeful. He did eat some. I have removed the cleaner shrimp due to ripping food out of my LPS. I picked up my first scoly the other day. It never colored up at the LFS (been there for months) so I got a deal on it. I think it should color up to be a gem. Also not sure if I already mentioned it but the Ruby head wrasses has also been rehomed because of future size issues. They get a little big for a 40B and he deserves better. I'm just down to the leopard, pintail, possum, and purple dartfish. This seems acceptable to me with the only concern about a full grown leopard (meleagris) could get a little cramped. Here are some photos of things.

Scoly
PplYuPt.jpg

MXb7VCo.jpg

GMXLNPq.jpg

Side shots of the tank last night.
9LfC2hA.jpg

42DhLbs.jpg

Cleaner shrimp moving out.
PHyG2kn.jpg

Love this little dude. Might actually try another anemone shrimp if I find a different one.
XkUQyo4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom