Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good Paul! The Zoa garden is coming along extremely nicely. I haven't added to mine in a while, every time I go frag shopping I get distracted by the SPS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good Paul! The Zoa garden is coming along extremely nicely. I haven't added to mine in a while, every time I go frag shopping I get distracted by the SPS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Yea it can be a tough!

Ok Paul I know you have been super busy but could you take a peak at my thread. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok guys and gals, I'm gonna be trying my hands at a sebae anemone for the clowns. I will be getting rid of my euphyllias and green Trachy. I'm kinda nervous about these anemones because of their high sensitivity levels, but have always loved the way they look. All other nems looking really good in the tank, but none of them this 'expert'. I'm really not wanting to nuke my tank so I will be keeping a close eye on this guy. We will see what tomorrow brings!

Cell phone pics....busy morning.

e0mdVWL.jpg

RJJRqvW.jpg

Hey Paul,
Remember you were trying to figure out a way to keep fish out of the overflow ,
Well yesterday I came up with a brain storm , I used a piece of the black filter media, cut it to size and it looks like it belongs it's cut to the length across and about 2 1/2 inch down just to cover the open void the fish would swim in , I got this brain storm after a few of my small dotty backs took a ride into the sump yesterday , so far it seems to work flawlessly ,
img_3251197_0_68cd721b1ba4cfa2d62d43f42e7f289b.jpg

img_3251197_1_b0655285602ec6975a1dae2c7ccf40a5.jpg

The tank looks amazing Paul! Glad to see the sps bug bit you pretty good ;). Nice nem

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
The tank looks amazing Paul! Glad to see the sps bug bit you pretty good ;). Nice nem

Thanks man, yea I got bit pretty hard. I have a bad SPS infection! LOL

Hey Paul,
Remember you were trying to figure out a way to keep fish out of the overflow ,
Well yesterday I came up with a brain storm , I used a piece of the black filter media, cut it to size and it looks like it belongs it's cut to the length across and about 2 1/2 inch down just to cover the open void the fish would swim in , I got this brain storm after a few of my small dotty backs took a ride into the sump yesterday , so far it seems to work flawlessly ,
img_3251213_0_68cd721b1ba4cfa2d62d43f42e7f289b.jpg

img_3251213_1_b0655285602ec6975a1dae2c7ccf40a5.jpg

I would be worried about it restricting too much flow and possibly flooding my tank. Is your over flow drilled or over the rim?

Here is the blue tip sebae. I hope it does well! Still busy so cell pics it is for now. I will update with some better photos soon.

VgQYPPN.jpg

Hey 54seaweed, is that a tom rapids overflow box?

Well this nem is not cooperating with me. I had to recage it because it unattached while I had the pumps off. This morning it was stuck to the side of the cage instead of in the sand next to the rock. Patience....

Ok after being stuck to the side of the gutter guard cage all day yesterday I had some time to try to fix the problems I'm having with the new sebae. I believe the powerhead on the left was pushing at it too hard which is why I think it released. I tinkered and adjusted that as well as made a sort of rock barrier around the nem to see if it would attach to the side of one of them. I buried its foot good right next the largest rock. It has since stayed in place with all powerheads on and no cage. I did try to get my clowns to notice it by cutting all the pumps off and feeding just the nem to get them to rub against it while getting the food. I think I may have gotten somewhere. They have been hanging around next to it since, just not in it yet. Before they didn't even look at it from across the tank. Fingers crossed on this one, hopefully I am getting somewhere. Here are some current photos of the tank and the new sebae. It looks really different with those big euphyllia gone and well as the green trachy.

FTS
bN1TJnC.jpg

Sebae
PZhnjix.jpg

Z1d8k7a.jpg

8dExQJb.jpg

XvSLjpt.jpg

Wow, it does look different with that side opened up. It's like the clowns have a little anemone out in the suburbs, lol. I love the new nem and hope it does well for you!

Well all appeared to be good until I got back home from going to the dump. Went to check on the sense and it was gone! I didn't see any anemone puree anywhere and found it deep under a rock on the far side of the tank. I have lost patience on this nem so it will have a new home today. There I is just to much precious coral around to be stung or smothered. I have also convinced my wife to let me get rid of these troublesome clowns. I will actually miss these fish because I've had them so long, but it will be for the best. I may try to get my euphyllias back, not sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom