Pea puffer pickiness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heidigirl99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I received a 6 pack of neat little pea puffers from AquaHuna and am so impressed by their general health and demeanor. They are social and always at the front of the tank, being their watchful selves and seemingly ready to eat.

So as this is my third try trying to keep dwarf puffer fish, I am trying to find creative solutions for foods they like to eat. They have responded well to frozen bloodworms but that is it so far. I noticed yesterday that two of them seem to be getting bored with just the worms. A little info..

20 gallon freshwater tank, I have had tank for 2-3 months and the fish for exactly one week. All water parameters look good except for high ammonia (at the tail end of cycle) which I lower through daily WC.

I have tried mysis shrimp, brill shrimp and carnivore mixtures of treats (all frozen)... I am trying to avoid feeding them live snails ?

Does anyone have experience with these guys? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance :) IMG_1130.jpg

Hey, you're living my dream! You're probably better suited giving me advice, but have you tried cycling the foods you give them for variety?

Back
Top Bottom